SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (2010 - PRESENT)
- Guo-Brennan, L. (in progress). Global competency for all in higher education: Theory, programs and promising practices. Singapore: Springers Publishing
- Guo-Brennan, L. (in progress). Educating for global citizenship: Pathways for globally competent educators. New York: Routledge
- Devious, D & Guo-Brennan, L. (2012). Educating for global citizenship: A practical guide for schools in Atlantic Canada. Toronto: UNICEF Canada.
- Guo-Brennan, L. (2010). The meaning of curriculum reform for Chinese teachers. Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP Publishing.
- Guo-Brennan, L. (2010). Fostering effective international partnership in higher education. Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP Publishing.
Edited Academic Journal
- Guo-Brennan, L. (Ed.) (2012). Globalization in Education. Canadian Journal of Education, 35 (3).
Refereed Journal articles
- Guo-Brennan, L. & Guo-Brennan, M. (submitted). Enhancing the civic capacity in building welcoming and inclusive communities for immigrants and refugees. Journal of Public Administration and Policy Research.
- Guo-Brennan, M. & Guo-Brennan, L. (2017). Building sustainable civic capacity in urban education reform: Actors, perceptions and recommendations for inclusive public policy. eJournal of Public Affairs, 6(2). DOI: 10.21768/ejopa. v6i2
- VanLeeuwen, C., Weeks, L.E, Guo-Brennan, L. (2017). Indigenous perspectives on community service learning in higher education: An examination of the Kenyan context. International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and community Engagement, 5(1), 129-143.
- Vanleeuwen, C. Guo-Brennan, L. & Weeks, L.E. (2017). Conducting hermeneutic research in international settings: Philosophical, practical and ethical considerations. Journal of Applied Hermeneutics, Article 7.
- Guo-Brennan, L., Francis, C. & Townsend, E., Guo-Brennan, M. (2016). Multi-stakeholder partnership in teacher education and development: The impact of international teaching on host schools and communities in Kenya. Comparative and International Education, 45(3), article 2.
- Guo, L. (2014). Preparing teachers to educate for 21st century global citizenship: Envisioning and enacting. Journal of Global Citizenship & Equity Education, 4(1), 1-23.
- Guo, L. (2013). Translating global citizenship education into pedagogic actions in classroom settings. Education Review, 3(2), 8-9.
- Guo-Brennan, L. & Wei, W. (2012). Visiting scholars: Facilitators of sustainable international strategic alliances in higher education. Journal of International Business Education, 7, 181-198.
- Guo, L. (2012). Globalization: A shifting context for the Canadian education landscape. Canadian Journal of Education, 35 (3), 1-3.
- Guo, L. (2012). The Impact of new national curricular reform on teachers. Canadian and International Education, 41 (2), 87-105.
- Guo, L. & O’Sullivan, M. (2012). From Laoshi to partners in learning: Pedagogic conversations across cultures in a global classroom. Canadian Journal of Education, 35 (3), 164-179.
- Guo, S. Guo, Y., Beckette, G., Li, Q., & Guo, L. (2012). Changes in Chinese education under globalization and market economy: Emerging issues and debates. Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education, 43 (2). DOI:10.1080/03057925.2012.721524.
- O’Sullivan, M. & Guo, L. (2010). Critical thinking and Chinese international students: An east-west dialogue. Journal of Contemporary Issues in Education. 5(2), 53-73.
- Guo-Brennan, L. & Guo-Brennan, M. (2019, accepted). Promoting social justice for all in education: A quest for culturally responsive policy, leadership and praxis. In K. Arar & K.Beycioglu (Eds.), Handbook on Promoting Social Justice in Education. Springer International Publishing.
- Guo-Brennan, L. & Guo-Brennan, M. (2018, accepted). Enhancing educational equity for immigrant and refugee youth through building welcoming schools and communities. In K. Arar, J.S. Brooks & I, Bogotch, (Eds.), Education and (Im)migration: Policy, Leadership and Praxis for a Changing World. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Guo-Brennan, L. (2016). Expanding the horizons of curriculum wisdoms: Teachers’ lived experiences in curriculum change. In Chou, C.P. & Spangler, J. (Eds.). Chinese education models in a global age: Transforming practice into theory (pp. 51-64). Singapore: Springer.